12 Secrets to a Slender Waistline
1. Set your goal! Clearly define what you want to achieve & more importantly ‘why’.
2.Consistency. Create healthy habits. Follow them daily. Don’t tell yourself you are sacrificing anything, instead focus on your goals. Pre-prepare bulk foods when time permits so you have them on hand and quickly accessible.
3. Eliminate all refined foods from your diet & your home: sugar, refined flours & breads, processed foods and anything with a word you can’t pronounce! And here’s an import one – eliminate all oils. Oil is a refined food! See #4!
4. Yes: oil is a refined food product. It is a vegetable that has been stripped of its fiber and nutrients. Because olive oil has slightly more nutrients than corn oil doesn’t make it a health food. Not only is oil a refined food it is easily and quickly stored by the body as fat. Skip the oil!
5. Nuts, seeds and avocado in moderation. Because these foods are high in fat they too can easily be stored by the body as fat. If you’re looking to lose fat, minimize these foods.
6. Meat & dairy are health hazards. They support an industry of cruelty & they are 100% unnecessary in a healthy diet. They are high fat & cholesterol & saturated fat laden. The most slender societies eat the most plants!
7. Exercise first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, before breakfast, to take advantage of low glucose levels to provide a powerful 24 hour metabolism boost!
8. Try HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training. This method of training burns up to 3 times as many calories as regular training. Check out our past blog posts for more on the incredible value of HIIT!
9. After cardio wait between 45 -60 minutes to eat. After strength training eat immediately afterward. Taking advantage of the bodies natural recovery methods allows for maximum calorie burn.
10. Overload on complex carbs! 5-6 Fruits daily, unlimited vegetables, a huge green salad daily & whole grains (rice, barley, millet etc.) and beans are your friend. It is *not possible* to overeat on a strict high-carb diet due to the bodies natural ability to burn of all excess calories through Thermogenesis. Also: eat 5-6 fruits a day and watch your sweet-tooth disappear!
11. Eat intuitively. Eat when you’re hungry throughout the day. Stop when you’re satisfied, not stuffed. Incorporate fruit smoothies into your day, and ideally include some greens in them. Overall aim for 1 pound of greens daily!
12. Need a sweet-fix in the eve? Frozen bananas & a few dates & some Giddy Yoyo raw vanilla bean powder – blended in a high speed blender into Nice Creme is divine!
This is it! Incorporate these habits daily and you will see drastic results within 30 days! It’s not magic, its logic – and it’s YOU!