Replacement Meal Shake – Five Common Mistakes that Stall Weightloss
In our fast paced world it’s often convenient to have a nourishing calorie-wise shake as a stand by for a quick & nourishing meal-on-the-go. But are you getting all you can out of that shake? Today we share 5 of the most common mistakes people are making that might be getting in the way of your trim waistline & radiant glow!
1. Hunger control: include a healthy and whole fat in your shake to keep you satiated for longer. Add a piece of avocado adds creaminess or flax seeds for omega fats. Chia seeds work great too and chia doesn’t need to be ground like flax does, just add a tablespoon at the end for flavor, texture & serious satiation.
2. Fillers: Most common meal replacement powders use fillers to stretch their bottom line. Fillers are cheap ingredients that provide bulk at a low cost for the manufacturer. Basically if you can’t pronounce an ingredient in your shake – your body won’t have a use for it so don’t eat it! Fillers might temporarily fill you up, but they provide little nourishment and therefore leave the body craving more. Make sure the meal replacement you are using is whole food & plant based & organic for maximum benefits.
3. Flavor: Don’t compromise! A healthy shake should be an enjoyment for taste buds as well as providing deep nourishment, so that you keep up this good habit. One of the best ingredients we can add to our shakes to drastically improve flavor and pack a huge antioxidant punch is berries. Include them in yourshake every day!
4. Calories: and by this we mean not enough. Skip the weight gain-inducing dairy, oils and sweeteners. Choose whole, unprocessed & carbohydrate rich fruits & vegetables for maximum satiation and to encourage the bodies natural state of thermogenesis – burning of excess calories as heat.
5. Consistency Matters: find a shake you love and incorporate it daily. Buy bulk bananas and freeze them to have handy for quick breakfasts. Have raw & organic dried Supergreens on hand for easy, dense nutrition. Make a smoothie to take with you to work for healthy lunches or plan an evening smoothie as dessert if you’re a nighttime sweets addict. Make a plan and stick to it, and watch your waistline shrink and your health skyrocket!
VegOut’s Favorite Shake
1c berries, fresh or frozen
Handful greens – pick your favorite!
1 teaspoon Giddy Yoyo Spirulina
1 teaspoon Two Hills organic Matcha Gren Tea
1 teaspoon Hibiscus tea
1 tablespoon Sunwarrior Ormus Supergreens
Optional * 1 scoop Sunwarrior Raw Organic Protein Powder