How Eat a Pound of Kale!
1 pound of greens is easy to get in when you make your own #kalechips !
The problem with most kale chips is the oil, nut-pastes & high amounts of sodium & even sugar that they’re prepared with. Don’t be fooled, even if it’s organic cold-pressed ‘extra-extra special’ oil – its artery clogging, addictive and waistline-prohibitive. *In studies, rats given access to high-fat foods showed similar characteristics to animals hooked on heroine or cocaine.
Salt is naturally found in our food and although we don’t need to add it, it enhances flavors and causes the brain to release dopamine, making salt as addictive as nicotine and alcohol!
We all know that sugar is addictive, high calorie and void of any nutrition.
Of course this makes all 3 of these ingredients ideal to add when someone is trying to sell us something!
So: kale chips with no salt or oil? That sounds dull, right?
Not with this recipe!
This recipe is so good we usually account for 1 pound kale per person when we serve it – we hope you’ll give it a try and let us know what you think!
We call it: How Eat a Pound of Kale!
- 1 pound kale, washed & still wet
- Tear into pieces, all approximately the same, about 3×3 inches
- Lay each piece side by side on silicone sheet
- Sprinkle with aprox 3T nutritional yeast, to taste
- Bake at 300f for approximately 12 minutes *this really varies by oven so if yours is a little hot try 225f. If you have a convection oven you can reduce time by about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven when crispy but keep an eye on them as they cook so they don’t brown.
Place in a large bowl & Enjoy!