What's the Deal With Soy?!
Soy products can be part of a healthy diet!
Choosing less processed soy such as tofu, tempeh, seitan, edamame and simple mylk’s and choosing organic or certified non-GMO soy ensures we are not consuming products laced with pesticides, our main concern.
Organic soy products:
- Contain 75% more antioxidants than cows milk
- Protect against cancer, particularly breast and ovarian
- Protect against emphysema
- Suppress fat storage particularly abdominal fat
- Provide the same amount of calcium as cows milk
- Reduce hot flashes in menopausal women
- Reduce early onset menarche in children which can therefore reduce cancer risk
- Lowers cholesterol somewhat therefore a more beneficial protein source for someone who chooses a higher protein diet
- Soy based bacon does not emit carcinogens like pig bacon does
- Breast cancer survivors who drink soy milk have a significantly reduced likelihood of recurrence
- Find more info at http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/soy/
Dr. Michael Greger of nutritionfacts.org scours the most up to date research available and presents the research in a clear, simple format. If you’d like to see current research that supports these findings please check out the link noted above.